Monday, June 29, 2009

Catching up on my reading...

After spending well over 2000+ miles in a car, taking part in a friend's wedding, and seeing Fenway Park and Niagara Falls, it's time to catch up on what I've missed.

  • Steven Pearlstein (I swear I don't link to all of his columns... just most of them) takes the Agricultural lobby to task over their stance on the climate change bill and corn ethanol. I just wish more people would do this. Corn ethanol is a farce. Even the EPA's most generous estimates call it a marginal improvement over gas.
  • Nicogate continues. This is ridiculous. The administration sees a way to reach out to Iranians and suddenly it's collusion? Methinks the MSM is a bit jealous of Huffpost and Nico.
  • Lexington thinks that the President is too close to congress, to the detriment of his policies. I think he's right. Congress is not the best body to write laws for the good of the country.
  • David Rothkopf rightly takes CNN to task for dropping everything to cover Michael Jackson's death 24/7.

1 comment:

  1. David Brooks has a take similar to Lexington's today.

    ReplyDelete