Friday, March 12, 2010

When the going gets tough... (II)

Ezra Klein has a great interview with Sen. Bayh. I find myself agreeing with almost everything said. Except for one big thing, I guess. His decision to quit instead of fight for changes that might fix the problems he lays out.

On a lighter note, this is Evan Bayh on Death Panels:

My take on that was, I'm reasonably confident that there are no death panels in this bill, but if there are, that's an appointment I want. That's power. Forget Finance. Forget Appropriations. I want the death panel.

Seriously, though, read the interview. This is the sort of introspection and analysis we hope for from our elected leaders. Ezra asks him why he quit instead of fighting for reform from within, and Bayh sounds like he's got a case of burnout. I still disagree with his decision to quit, but I've got a lot more respect for where he's coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment