Thursday, September 23, 2010

LOL

From the GOP's "Pledge to America"(pdf):

An unchecked executive, a compliant legislature, and an overreaching judiciary have combined to thwart the will of the people and overturn their votes and their values, striking down long-standing laws and institutions and scorning the deepest beliefs of the American people.

I think most liberals agree with this. But I think it's hilarious for the party of George W Bush, Dick Cheney, and John Roberts to criticize the Democrats on issues of executive power and judicial activism. Citizens United seems to me to be an overreaching court scorning the beliefs of the American people, but I doubt that's what the GOP had in mind. And I'm pretty unhappy with some of Obama's actions regarding executive power, but to think the GOP will do anything other than exacerbate the problem when a Republican is in the Oval Office is laughable.

No comments:

Post a Comment