Monday, September 27, 2010

My Neighborhood

I wandered out to return a library book on my lunch break today and took a bunch of pictures of my neighborhood. I just downloaded the app "Retro Camera" for my phone, which doubles as my camera these days. So the pictures have some funky effects on them. This is mostly to cover up for my inadequate photography skills. Anyway, without further ado:


Street art (possibly bike racks?) near the YWCA.

Minneapolis' new Nice Ride bikeshare program. I am very likely to buy a subscription next year.


Old Chicago. I just like this little mural on the wall that faces the street.


The clock tower on Uptown Transit Station. This is the first stop on my way to work in the morning.


Infinitea with the green facade. I'm not sure what the very colorful facade is for. It looks nice, though!


One of the iconic images of Uptown-the Walker Library sign.


The other iconic image--Uptown Theater.


Looking up Hennepin Avenue past Uptown Transit Station and toward Uptown Theater.


Looking down the Midtown Greenway from the Uptown Transit Station.

No comments:

Post a Comment