Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wikileaks part 2

On Friday, Wikileaks dropped a few hundred thousand documents from the Iraq War. (Why on Friday? Friday is when you release things you want nobody to read!) This gives me an excuse to return to the topic of Wikileaks and responsible leaking. It turns out that the Pentagon has concluded that nobody was put at risk as a result of the Wikileaks document dump. While I'm not as gung-ho and angry about this as Glenn Greenwald, it does make me a bit more sanguine about the latest leak. Frankly, I think the Pentagon is right to be worried about the safety of its personnel. But in the end, most of these documents probably shouldn't be classified in the first place.

I'll be keeping tabs on Danger Room as they dig through this latest trove.

No comments:

Post a Comment